How to set up Compass for Magstripe / Clock and Data in Intelli-Site
Author: Lee ArhelgerCreated: 01-28-2013 10:48 AMLast Updated: 08-03-2021 12:42 AM
For some sites it may be necessary to setup the Intelli-Site software for Compass panels to use Magstripe /Clock and Data.
- Determine the format of the data on the magstripe card to be used.
- Once the format has been determined, the card number mask can be defined in the card config tab of the Compass RTU.
- As shown in Figure 1, the ID field must be set to "254", and the bit count field to the total length of the data on the track to be read.
- The Name field is for reference only and can be anything, though it should be descriptive.
- The Data Mask field describes the data format to be considered for each card read. A capital "C" signifies card number data, while an "*" is a digit to be ignored. for example:
- IF the card contains a string like "12345=67890" and the Data Mask is defined as "CCCCC*CCC**" the card number would be interpreted as as "12345678".
- Parity Mask 1, 2, and 3 should all be defined as all "*" characters.
- Here is an example of a completed format for a card with 13 characters:
- Once completed, save the format and apply the changes to the RTU.
- On the RTU tab of the RTU properties, set the Reader Type to Clock and Data.
- Repeat these steps for each RTU.
- Finally, update the "Carddata" screen to include the magstripe option for CardFormat as shown:
Note: Panels can be Clock and Data or Wiegand, but not both. It is not possible to have Wiegand readers and Clock and Data readers on the same panel.