How to create and use Keypad Commands for Compass RTUs
Author: Wade WhitmoyerCreated: 02-07-2013 05:02 PMLast Updated: 08-03-2021 12:17 AM
Keypad commands can be used to allow device control directly from the card reader. This can be especially useful for enabling / disabling devices or emergency situations requiring lockdown.
Defining a Keypad Command:
- In Design Mode, expand the RTU in question.
- Right-click the "Keypad Commands" node and select "Add Node and Edit". This will add a new "Keypad Command Group".
- Set the "Name" field for this group.
- On the bottom, right-click < ADD >.
- Set the "Keypad Command Number" and choose the action from the DLT list. (Note: More complex actions can be taken if custom DLT is used. For more information see .)
- Click < Save > then repeat for each Keypad Command to be added.
- Click < Ok >